- Home /
- Lady in the Iron Mask (1952) DVD-R
- Current Specials: 20% off - 1 day only!
- New Releases
- Public Domain Movies
- Studio Releases
- Public Domain TV shows
- Featured Player - Janet Leigh
- Package Deals
- By Title
Starring Louis Hayward, Patricia Medina, Alan Hale Jr., Judd Holdren, Steve Brodie
Directed by Ralph Murphy
Runtime: 78 min.
As indicated by the title, Lady in the Iron Mask is a distaff version of the famous Alexandre Dumas yarn. D'Artagnan (Louis Hayward) and his fellow musketeers vow to defend France's Princess Anne (Patricia Medina) to the death. It seems that Anne has been thrown into a dungeon with her face enveloped in an iron mask, while her long-lost sister Louise (also Patricia Medina) is placed on the throne by scheming Duke De Valdac (John Sutton). D'Artagnan and his pals must rescue the princess before the impostor goes through with an arranged marriage to King Phillip of Spain (Hal Gerrard). Porthos, Aramis and Athos are played respectively by Alan Hale Jr., Judd Holdren (TV's Commando Cody) and Steve Brodie.
- Excellent! Review by Tortoise
- I've been after this film for years. I had a colourised German language print but this was the first time I've been able to watch it in English! reasonable quality. NOT the full length feature a lengthy scene of about six minutes missing from this print - where the musketeers and the princess disguise themselves - which makes the plot slightly obscure. But despite that I recommend this as the only print I have seen of the English language version of this scarce movie. (Posted on 3/7/14)
Write Your Own Review
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.